CHOICE articles, fact checking, and referencing

I was wondering about the editorial standards for CHOICE articles.

Specifically, I was reading the following article: New cars are tracking everything you do. Can you stop it? | CHOICE

It was informative, but when the article stated:

"According to a report released in September 2023, cars are one of the worst product categories when it comes to privacy protections.

The US-based Mozilla Foundation came to that conclusion, after an in-depth review of 25 major car brands.

It left me wondering, where can I see this report?

I appreciate the internal controls that CHOICE has already in place for ensuring the quality of its articles… so called “fact checking”… by people who used to be called sub-editors.

Anyhow, I would like to see that CHOICE ensures that when an author made any reference to reports or information from external sources that references should be provided that should also include a link to the source?

Thanks

1 Like

Welcome @circuitriderau

The linked article is from the Choice website.
The Choice Community is a seperate more general site where everyday consumers share ideas, thoughts, issues etc.

Any specific inquiry could also be made more directly to the Choice staff person noted at the end of the article you linked.

If you have a story about a connected car you would like to share, email CHOICE investigative journalist Jarni Blakkarly at jblakkarly@choice.com.au.

An assumption is this is the article you may be seeking.

1 Like