Chicken Nuggets

No, but I mostly do my grocery shopping at Aldi. The items there is mostly very reasonable prices and often below Coles and Woolies.

3 Likes

One step away from being a bait.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @laurence.kearney23

Not the only food product some might use.
Possibly also the best use of everyday white bread - Bream and Sea mullet?
ā€˜Bread Rigs ā€“ Tackle Tactics.

1 Like

Carcass scrapings pretty much sums it up. I watched a Jamie Oliver documentary series some years back about school dinners (many British schools provide lunch for students). Jamie was campaigning for more nutritious meals rather than the deep frozen junk often relied upon, which was cheap and easy to deep fry, but had little in the way of nutritional value for growing bodies and brains.
One episode featured chicken nuggets, with footage from a factory that prepared them. Carcasses (after removal of breast meat, wings and legs) were hung and passed through a high pressure spray hose that blasted off the remaining soft tissue (shreds of meat, gristle, and anything else not bone), to be collected and compacted into nuggets.
I had rarely eaten chicken nuggets before seeing this, and have never eaten them since.
If more people were aware of what they consist of and how they are made, perhaps they would no longer regard them as easy and convenientā€¦

3 Likes

Re pigs; you forgot about the ā€œcurl in the tailā€ ā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They are toxic, make your own, at least you know what you put in it.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum hallibut.

That seems a little extreme. Is this just a way of saying they are unhealthy and you donā€™t like them or do you have reason to say that they are actually poisonous?

4 Likes

I have never ordered ā€˜chicken nuggetsā€™ as a menu item but have gotten to taste them when fast food companies include a few as part of a meal deal. To me they donā€™t taste like chicken but if I was forced to choose, Iā€™d say KFC was better than Maccas. Would I order them on their own? Not likely. Bland and nasty spongey things.

4 Likes