Cheese Therapy Late Delivery

Our daughter purchased a Therapy Box and a Grazing Box from Cheese Therapy for us which was supposed to be delivered 2 weeks ago.

The package was finally delivered today with 2 of the 4 cheeses marked Best Before 02 Feb 21.

Ironically, their website displays this statement.

“We deliver to most of the country via refrigerated vehicles through Home Delivery Service. We no longer deliver through Australia Post due to unreliability. More details about delivery and where we deliver to can be found here.”

Slow delivery and poor communications are recurring complaints on the reviews on their website and on the one review on Product Review.

Better late than never?

I guess we are lucky that it was not sent with Australia Post. NOT.

4 Likes

If it were us, that cheese would be consumed before the best before date :yum:

AusPost could possibly have been slower especially now they are only delivering every second day.

2 Likes

If you don’t want the Bolte’s, I am happy to receive it from you. Most matured cheese will last well past their useby providing that it has been kept under the right conditions.

2 Likes

I am going to try it tomorrow.

We just tried the Brie after leaving it out of the fridge for a couple of hours. It is still very firm so I suspect it is past its prime.

Neither my wife or I like it at all so it looks like our little dog will be lucky.

Tasmanian Heritage Brie is vastly nicer, especially when on special for half price.

1 Like

It actually gets softer (more gooey) as it ages. A very firm Brie has not ripened enough, as it ripens like a Camembert it develops a better smell and texture. Leave it too long the taste is much stronger and the texture in my opinion becomes too soft. We often stuff chicken thighs or breast with Rosemary, Brie or Camembert and semi dried tomatoes and then bake them until cooked and the cheese has melted nicely into the pocket.

4 Likes

Our experience with Brie cheeses that are out of date is that they stay hard.

We use a couple of pieces of Brie to hide our little dog’s monthly Nexgard Spectra tablet halves in and it is very hard to roll the cheese around them if well out of date but it is a piece of cake if the cheese is freash.

Fools him every time.

1 Like

That’s really old cheese :smile: and often kept too cool. The noble mould is what breaks down the cheese to make it soft, too cool it dries out before the mould can do it’s job. A fridge here is useful as we have such hot weather but some places that store the cheese on it’s way to you often make it colder than it needs to be (freezing is detrimental to the texture) and in very dry atmosphere…moisture is important to the ripening so if too dry it won’t ripen.

4 Likes

This piece was a wedge, but after I opened the foil wrap, the 2 cut faces were virtually indisguisable from the rest of the exterior.

I can only assume that the wedge was cut a long time ago, as when I go to our local supermarkets, it is perfectly obvious where the cut faces are.

So either Goats’ Brie is vastly different from normal Brie, or this product is dodgy.

PS. If I don’t appear on the forum tomorrow, can you conatact FDANZ?

2 Likes

I tried it this afternoon. Very nice.

3 Likes

It was only ’ best before’ date so perfectly fine to eat as you can now attest. ‘Use by’ date and it may have been a different matter altogether! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have been trying for years to convince my wife that “best before” does NOT mean the same as “use by”!

3 Likes

The Nexgard struggle is real!

1 Like