Check your CCleaner if using this tool

It appears that CCleaner has been compromised by hackers for at least a month and if you don’t have the latest update you are URGED to update NOW, for an article about the issue read here:

Please note if you use the paid version it should update automatically but check just to be sure.

For another link about the issue and some other security concerns take a look here:

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/

3 Likes

That’s a bit scary.

It is notable that it only affected the 32-bit editions of CCleaner v5.33.6162 and CCleaner Cloud v1.07.3191.

Thanks for the early warning. :relieved:

1 Like

Thanks Graham . Have recently done a CCleaner scan . I was pretty sure it was one of the infected versions . I found this when I scanned with Malwarebytes " Trojan.Floxif.Trace " Have since updated my CCleaner . Thanks again mate .

1 Like

Piriform has since had the rogue server taken down, so if you have an infected copy, it shouldn’t cause problems. However, you should always keep your software up to date.

1 Like

I found this an interesting read regarding the CCleaner hacking . Avast known for it’s anti virus software suites , , had purchased Piriform 2 months ago, the company that developed CCleaner . There is an implication within the article that an " insider " from either Avast or Piriform may have been responsible . Nothing like a good " hack " to get your product out there .

Spoiler Alert . The article being from BestVPN will certainly have pop ups and other adds claiming that the world would not be inhabitable unless you run one of "their " recommended VPN services .:man_judge:

2 Likes

Oooo - naughty, naughty.

1 Like