Centerlink threatening pensioners

I’ve heard stories of centerlink sending letters to penioners tells ng them to lower their medicine intake or they’ll have their pension taken off them. Is this true?

Doesn’t sound true to me. Centrelink can be pretty heartless but I think something like that, if true, would have hit the media by now.

2 Likes

I’m hoping it’s a hard copy scam as it’s come from a very relible source.

Would a reliable source spreading a scam be a reliable source?

1 Like

Don’t know how Centrelink can get those figures I thought Medicare took care off that. they are in the same Department but its none off Centrelink’s business how many medications you take.
I’d be going down too speak too them, don’t bother ringing unless you want too spend hours on the phone on hold.

I think what has happened is that this story has grown legs . What originally happened was that the Doctors were asked not to send patients for unnecessary tests . Blood sugar , cholesterol etc as it was costing the Government too much . Problem is how do you define an "unnecessary " test . I had a colonoscopy last week .My doctor did not say it was needed or necessary but advised it for my own piece of mind , I had the test ,it was negative . I’m glad I had it . .

2 Likes

Clary
My doctor told me they’re told not to give repeat prescriptions any more

So who’s the doctor - the person who’s done all the study, or someone dreaming up new rules to save a couple of taxpayer bucks… maybe?

Denying prescription medications can be incredibly dangerous, and can also result in much greater long-term costs.

1 Like

Quite a few medicines have been taken off PBS . I put in 2 scripts recently and was told they were now over the counter products so I had to pay full price for them . No prescriptions needed.

1 Like

Sounds like your doctor will get paid for many extra visits.

1 Like

If the info is from “centerlink” it would be false, coming from overseas, as it is misspelled. Should be Centrelink. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks was my sister’s friend’s mum that got it. My family haven’t recieved any. Although our surname is at the end of the alfabet and theirs is at the start. I will post a sample if it arrives.

I have a very good friend who has a high position at Centrelink . No letters were sent . Sounds like a scam

1 Like

Does not sound right. How would Centrelink know who is getting what medications and how often?

What gets me. Who is spending the money to do this ?afterall postage and printing ect. Costs money

I got an email saying they were going to have a task force investigating those of us on the disability system. I thought maybe they should spend their time investigating millionaires because they are more likely to be rorting the system and this is just wasting tax payers money.

1 Like

Sounds like Bold Statements to me.

2 Likes

Don’t believe it. My aged mother lives with me and she hasn’t received any information like this

Centrelink and Medicare/Health who oversea prescription are all in the one Department now Human Services and those damm computers know it all.

With Liberal Governments in charge of the purse there is not a thing they would not do to make life for the battlers as difficult as possible