Car tyre review

Some speedometers are dodgy to begin with, but sometimes adjusting tyre size helps - I have a large 4wd that now reads identical to the GPS since I put slightly larger tyres on it. I have a small 4wd that initially read substantially slow after moving from 28" to 33", not surprisingly.

For vehicles that can’t be easily adjusted one way or another like my small 4wd, Healtech make a neat product called, not surprisingly, “Speedohealer” - not cheap but not super expensive and probably cheaper than most revenue collection tickets issued for exceeding some arbitrary velocity …

5 Likes

An article regarding possible shortages in tyre production.

I was quite surprised as I thought that tyres were now mainly made from synthetic rubber.

I had 2 new tyres last year that didn’t even last a year. I had 2 new ones on just with my recent registration. The quality it shocking. I wish tbey would make half decent tyres that are affordable.

There are so many different brands, retailers and road user conditions.

There may be some tyre brands out there that are not as good as the rest. Are you able to advise the brand and model of tyre?

What is it about the tyres that give cause for complaint?

Reasonable price can be complicated. It depends on the vehicle type and how it is used. Many tyres labelled as offering superior x y or z only differ by margins much less than the difference in price. Those who have read the Choice older 2018 tyre review will note test results are not always consistent with price.

Whether any of the community can add further, it is difficult without further of the actual vehicle, model or use. Reasonable costs for a smaller vehicle might be under $100 each, but for the Ute with a 1tonne payload under $200 might be a good outcome and $250 typical.

4 Likes