Bunnings went well beyond what I'd expected

I recently bought goods totalling about $48 at Bunnings, and paid with a $100 gift card. My change was $2 plus a $50 gift card, but when I got home I couldn’t find the card. I phoned the store simply to ask whether I’d left it on the counter. They said that it hadn’t been handed in, but immediately offered me a replacement card, based purely on my say-so, which they mailed out to me. I said that I wasn’t expecting it, but was told that it’s part of their customer service, which left me highly impressed.

2 Likes

I also had a good experience with Bunnings. I purchased a Gasmate single burner gas stove on special about 2 years ago. When I used it for the first time recently it burnt with a yellow flame and began to blacken the billy so I immediately stopped using it. I returned the stove to Bunnings (South Nowra) but had no receipt or proof of purchase. The young lady at the enquiries desk said - no problem, she went off and returned with a brand new replacement Gasmate stove. It was an excellent result as I had very low expectations for such fantastic service. Well done…!!!

2 Likes

Hi alan.jones32, I just thought you should know if your gas stove is one that takes the butane cartridges it may well have a safety recall notice issued by the safety council as they had a lot of trouble with 1 type of butane stove that burst in flames because it got to hot & the seal in the butane cartridges melted releasing the gas all at once.
I’m not trying to worry you but you can check on any of the recall notice sites & find the notice. I had 2 of the stoves as I used them in my boat when fishing to boil a billy or cook on when fishing all day. Both were potentially defective.
Please check the recall notices. Here is the link to the notice. https://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1069239
Regard Pegasus.

2 Likes

Hi Pegasus, Thankyou for your information on the recall which I have followed up on and found that the model that I was supplied, (CS170 single burner butane) has a compliance plate post July 2015 which does meet the new requirements.
Thanks Alan

I have had a similar good experience at the Mount Barker Bunnings in South Australia. Excellent customer service, no doubt as the result of good management.

Very glad to read your model was Ok Alan.
Regards Pegasus

@kortravel99 That’s why Bunnings has been so successful . It’s called good customer service .

2 Likes