Bundaberg removals company you decide whether you want to use their service

I used Bundaberg Removals also known as bundaberg removals and storage company to move my items. Paid them $6k for moving my entire load.

I now have a list of items that were not even taken and left behind, plants that are dead because they left them in a container for 9 days, items that are damaged and many many items that went on the truck but never made it off the truck.

Afra have been hopeless, the police did nothing and now I am without many sentimental items that came from my mum who has passed on.

1 Like

Wecome @kgr to the Community. Sounds like a bad experience.

So what has been your experience of complaining to the company about the problems?

1 Like

The company offered no compensation at all when I went to them directly. They offered me $500 after I went through Afra, which doesn’t even cover the cost of my daughters bed, which was one of the items they left behind. I have no idea why that was left behind as it was sitting on all the boxes, so they had to have taken it off the boxes to move it, why not just stick it on the truck.

There are a few items like that. They moved items off other items and put the lower ones on the truck and left the initial items behind.

1 Like

I think you may have to look carefully at what the removal agreement was.

It sounds like it was not just a pack up everything onto a truck, drive to another place, and then unload at the other end.

If a bed was left behind sitting on boxes, and moved off and left behind that just says to me only boxed items to be moved in the agreement. And specified furniture, which cannot be boxed up really.

Hi @kgr, welcome to the community.

What a terrible experience with your recent move.

Do you have home and contents insurance, transit insurance or took out expensive insurance through the removalist?

While it might not replace the sentimental value of a lost or damaged item, you might be able to make a claim to at least so that you can replace the items.

In relation to plants, did the removalist agree to manage the plants through the move and storage of your contents? If this wasn’t agreed, storing any plants in storage for the length of time you have indicated and during the warmer months, isn’t good for the health of any plants. Possibly it wasn’t the best decision to use the removalist to move and store the plants.

1 Like

No this is not true. At no stage was it said that items would not be taken in the agreement that was made. Photos were taken showing all items that were to be moved.

1 Like

The movers messed up and miscalculated how much stuff there was to fit and so they kept the plants in the container for 9 days, whcih I did not agree to in any capacity at the time of hiring them. There was an agreement in place for them to move the plants. At the time of booking the service the longest time they said the plants would be on the container was over night.

2 Likes

I was just trying to think of some possible reason why removalists would selectively take some items, and leave others. And you have said, no to something in the removal agreement.

So, it just looks like stuffup by the company, at your cost.