Brother VC-500W colour label printer review

We put the Brother VC-500W colour label printer in the spotlight with our latest printer review.

If you own this product, please share your review in the comments below.

1 Like

If I was in the market for such a device for a small business I would be interested in the cost per label. I presume the length of each label is under user control (so there is no standard size) but the article doesn’t say so. Even so some guidance on cost would be useful. Some back of the envelope sums give me that the cost is about 10 to 50c per label depending on size. 50c a go is a big overhead for something that may sell for only a few dollars a unit. How does this compare to other systems?

2 Likes

The Brother website indicates that it takes CZ/CK Roll Cassettes. It appears that the label rolls unit price is based on length rather than number of labels…

In the case of this label roll and assuming there is no space between the labels, there would be around 100 labels per roll (significantly less if there is spacing between the labels on the roll). The cost of the label alone, before printing and depreciation would be about 50c). 25mm labels would be around 20c per label.

2 Likes