Broadband Internet Provider Review

You misunderstand. Information is always good, but if the information is not much value added at what cost does it become warranted?

The quarterly ACCC reports provide the performance in multiple ways. A consumer needs to discover their data requirements. This other topic includes links to those reports as issued.

Attributes that can be measured are being measured.

That is true, but it is not always from ignorance, sometimes it is for convenience as I indicated - unlimited? then no worries on data and some consumers would be satisfied.

An analogy might be car insurance. It is cheaper if you buy 5000km p.a. than unlimited. But if you might take a tour around Australia you could be inclined to buy an unlimited km or 15,000km policy as a form of insurance so as to not be caught out. And so it goes with some households and data. eg one less thing to worry about, albeit at a cost (that could be avoided if one knew precisely where and how often they would drive in the upcoming policy period).

As the NBN (especially) has forced more consumers to become tech savvy some do, and others are willing to pay a premium to avoid having to. YMMV (obviously) but I will agree to disagree that much of anything beyond a real world monthly statement can authoritatively advise a consumer how much data they actually need/use.

Since that is the case I’ll step away from this topic.

5 Likes