Black Friday vs Boxing Day sales

I’m old enough to remember when Boxing Day sales were so big the crowds lined up outside department stores in the morning and the TV news ran stories that night showing the horde of people who rushed through the doors when they opened. More recently, the horribly named US import, Black Friday, has eclipsed Boxing Day as the biggest sales period of the year, and we’re curious about how the CHOICE Community views these different sales.

If you could, would you take a few moments to answer the questions in our survey? All input will be very gratefully received.

Thanks so much

5 Likes

I tried with the survey, really I did, but since I didn’t buy anything on Black Friday in spite of email entreaties to do so, i could not answer more… and since I won’t buy on Boxng Day… meh.

The thing about the sales is that really they arent sales at all. There are so many during the year that the shine has gone off. I remember when Boxing Day was the sale everyone looked forward to, because there were genuine reductions in price, and there was not back then a sale every weekend. Its all a furphy.

6 Likes

I could copy and paste @SueW post: I also couldn’t go forward with the survey because I didn’t do any shopping following Thanksgiving Day nor will I do any on the day after Christmas. Goodness, these beautiful holidays when we are supposed to reflect on the blessings we’ve enjoyed throughout the year and connect with family and friends have been reduced to shopping frenzies!
There will be other sales throughout the year, I can take my time and if and when I need to get a big shopping item I can do the research, see what’s on offer by the various stores and go from there without any pressure.

6 Likes