“Get your money in quick,
Get your money in fast,
If the horse comes first.
If the horse comes last,
You won’t win if your money’s not in,
Down at the TAB.”

The tax man cometh.

So do the constabulary.

El Salvador President Nayib Bukele announces plan to adopt Bitcoin as legal tender.

“Fools rush in where angels fear to tread”?

1 Like

If 70% of people do not have a bank account, then what percentage would not have a computer to store their digital wallet, and comms link to do transactions?
I am starting to dispair of the garbage ‘news’ items appearing on ABC recently.

1 Like

I wonder if there is more to the story. Making decisions like this will potentially reverse the current rout. I wonder if anyone in El Salvador benefits from the decision. I would be asking the President.

1 Like

Do you mean like the South American president the late Dave Allen was always trying to assassinate on his hilarious BBC TV shows decades ago, “The Dave Allen Show”?

This is getting out of hand.

1 Like

Right that’s my evening entertainment tonight. Youtube, Dave Allen sketches. :grin:

Very much so for a form of gambling.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/14/investing/elon-musk-bitcoin-intl-hnk/index.html

“Get your money on quick,
Get your money on fast,
If the horse comes first,
If the horse comes last,
You won’t win if your money ain’t in,
Down at the TAB”

1 Like

Australian has laws to prevent manipulation of any financial market. If it was an Australian company, it may be one the regulator/ASIC may investigate.

Running for the hills or running for the exits?

https://www.9news.com.au/technology/titan-cryptocurrency-crash-hits-billionaire-mark-cuban/0515bde4-cece-449d-bf2b-5ae687cab63a

An interesting article regarding predictions of what blockchain technology may develop into.

A world run on IOU’s?
Which leaves traditional currency in the bin.

Does this also lead to governments without traditional means of extracting wealth for their income? Or even a need to?
Effectively a 100% user pays future, made for private enterprise. The ‘Modern Feudal Society’!

The next question is whether Government will choose to or has the ability to control digital (crypto) currency.

They can very easily, just legislate what a legal currency is in Australia. I think this is a real possibility in Australia and elsewhere in the future. There are many arguments for doing so.

I didn’t read past the first paragraph…

Imagine a world where you can purchase a house directly from the seller, without needing to go through banks, lawyers and real estate agents.

because it appears to be a poorly researched article. This (contents of the paragraph) has been possible for decades if not longer. One doesn’t need to imagine, as it has been happening for donkey years.

A damming article regarding Bitcoin.

1 Like

What is a secure cryptocurrency hardware wallet which is simple to use and reasonably priced- sold in Australia?

1 Like

Welcome @Rthursty

Store your wallet on an encrypted USB stick or 3. Preferably 3 in case you lose one or two and remember to update the wallet each time.

1 Like

I asume you mean your digital wallet on USB, not the blockchain.
Current size of the Bitcoin chain is over 300 Gigabytes.

3 Likes

Sorry wallet so changed it. Thank you for the pickup, it is much appreciated.

2 Likes