Bissett Magazine Services have ceased trading. Subscribers left in the dark

Star Wars helmets.

2 Likes

Best I can offer you is the contact form at the bottom of this page.
http://www.deagostini.com/au/support/

or try emailing them at Customer_Service_Aus@deagostini-service.com if you havenā€™t already tried that particular email address.

3 Likes

After some advice,

After many emails asking about what is happening with my sub to the Millenium Falcon build which i payed in full back in April 2019 I get this response.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your email.

There is $59.97 currently outstanding for this that needs to paid before we can send out the issues.

Please call us on (5pm -11pm AEST, Mon - Fri) 0283787932 to make a payment.

If you require any further assistance then please let me know.

Kind regards

Luke

ā€“
Customer Experience Department
Data Base Factory - Unit 4 Pullman Business Park, Ringwood BH24 1HD

2 Likes

Probably best to call them to find out why thereā€™s an outstanding amount when youā€™ve already paid in full. That phone number will patch you through to the UK office for the price of a call to Sydney, which is why they say to call between 5pm and 11pm.

3 Likes

Weā€™ve had a recent report of troubles with DeAgonstini in the UK refusing to ship to Australia. Is anyone experiencing this issue?

1 Like

Most partwork companies wonā€™t deal with Australia now that the partworks that were ongoing at the time of the collapse of Bissett have finished. The shipping costs are pretty steep between the UK and Australia, and without a local distributor to handle everything, weā€™ve pretty much been swept under the carpet.

Hachette Partworks did release the R2D2 build, the Terminator build, and the Spitfire build in Australia after the collapse of Bissett, but thatā€™s pretty much it for us now.

Eaglemoss are currently doing a Ghostbusters ECTO1 build and a Star Trek Enterprise D build in both the UK and the USA, but havenā€™t bothered with the Australian market, even though theyā€™d both be popular builds for those of us who are happy to pay for these partwork series. Eaglemoss has an online form where Australian residents have been able to register their interest in the Ghostbusters build for the past year or so, but nothing seems to be happening regarding an Australian release at this stage. They havenā€™t bothered to put up an Australian registration form for the Enterprise D build. Once the UK and the USA finished the DeLorean build, they pretty much went straight onto the Ghostbusters build. In Australia weā€™ve finished the DeLorean, although Iā€™ve been waiting a good 74 weeks now for a single issue that was paid for, which they apparently didnā€™t have any stock of at the time, and still canā€™t seem to get stock of.

I was recently building a partworks from DeAgostini ModelSpace for my son, which was a very large model of a steam train that had all the bells, whistles and lights, with sounds and motorised wheels that would turn in place on the specially designed track. The only way to get it was via a 12 or 24 month subscription, which provided you with 12 boxes worth of parts every month or two depending on your subscription type, direct from their UK website. This involved UK currency, which meant you never knew exactly how much youā€™d be charged from month to month because of the ever fluctuation currency conversion rates, and also included a Ā£15 overseas shipping fee with every delivery.

I just about had the model finished and was waiting on two stages of parts to arrive that they hadnā€™t supplied in one of the shipments so I could complete the thing, when DeAgostini decided to discontinue the build completely. At least they gave me a full refund, although I still ended up out of pocket thanks to the currency conversion rates not being too wonderful on the day the refund was processed. Iā€™ve now got an almost built model that can never be completed that ended up costing me about $200 thanks to the currency conversion rates getting in the way of the full refund. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Hi mate sorry to bother you but Iā€™ve been waiting for over 12 months for my next issues for back to the future delorean but I worry that it might be all over in australia. What do you think

1 Like

Hi Geoffrey,

Iā€™ve got one issue left of the DeLorean that was paid for 99 weeks ago, which failed to arrive with the other issues that were paid for at the same time. Eaglemoss UK insists itā€™s still on backorder and that I will get it. Nothing much I can do about it except wait for them to pull their fingers out.

When I was doing the DeAgostini Millennium Falcon build, I waited forever for a missing issue. It eventually turned up almost 2 years after Iā€™d received the last of the other issues.

I find the easiest way to converse with Eaglemoss is via private messages on their social media pages, where Zoe is usually in charge and usually very helpful when it comes to sorting out problems.

Eaglemoss on Facebook: Eaglemoss Collections
Eaglemoss on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/EaglemossLtd

2 Likes