Bidets

Due to an upcoming shoulder replacement, I need to buy an effective BIDET, which a plumber will install. It will have to be the ‘seat’ type which will fit onto my existing toilet.
I would greatly appreciate any recommendations based on readers’ personal experience.
Brand reliability, hygienic effectiveness and cost effectiveness are very important factors for consideration.
I would also appreciate any advice about ‘lemons’.
Thank you.

2 Likes

I agree Natalie. I have searched the CHOICE website but could find only general info about BIDETS. Before I invest in one I need much more specific info and advice.
Over to you CHOICE!

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community @Viv2, I hope your surgery goes well

I moved your query into this existing topic about bidets which as you are probably aware, remain niche products in Australia. If you peruse this topic you will see a reference to a seller who did well by their customer, as well as some things to look for because all sellers are apparently not importing approved bidets.

There are also links to some ‘Popular links’ directly after the original post, that might be relevant for you. Perhaps another member can add further experiences?

For clarity although this forum is sponsored by Choice and monitored by Choice staff, it is not Choice per se.

2 Likes

Can you provide a name brand (s) / reliable supplier name? Many thanks.

1 Like

Highly recommend The Bidet Shop

Excellent customer service, product knowledge and support over many years.
The brand that I bought was Coway & has proven to be trouble free over many years now.
However, I did crack the seat somehow & thought I would have to throw it away, however, when I contacted the Bidet Shop they were able to offer various options to restore the unit to as new condition.
I was confident (with their technical assistance) I could change the cracked seat with the replacement they provided and it has continued to be trouble free.
I had to get an electrician to install a power point in the toilet and I did the simple plumbing connection.
It would be advisable to ensure you understand and have addressed all the technical requirements related to installation.If you have any unanswered questions, I would recommend talking to their technicians.
Hope that helps.

5 Likes

I can also recommend the Coway brand. We’ve had ours for around 6 years and never a problem.

3 Likes

We bought model EB-S200, brand Eco Bidet, from normal plumbing shop (TradeLink in our case). It requires two things - a T junction on the water inlet pipe/hose to the toilet (simple job for a plumber) and a normal 1P 10A power point (job for an electrician if no point already in the room).

Get a “Vietnamese Bidet”. It is basically a hose sitting next to the toilet. It obviously has a small shower head at the end. They can even be hooked up to warm water if you are picky.

1 Like