CHOICE membership

Best electric heaters and electric blankets - Reviews for winter

We’ve reviewed heaters and electric blankets (member content), so you can discover the best products to keep you warm in winter. We also have a neat electric blanket buying guide and electric heater buying guide (free) to help you navigate the available options.

Do you have a question about heaters or electric blankets? Ask us in the comments below.

1 Like

We’ve updated our electric heater review in time for 2018 winter.

1 Like

What’s winter…haven’t had a decent one in Brisbane for decades. Still waiting as I enjoy the cold.

Back a few years ago, we used our electric blankets to keep out home brew at temperature during cooler nights…expect that this is not a recommended use for the blankets but we no longer used them and thought was a good way to reuse them until they gave up the ghost.

3 Likes

@ChrisBarnes shares some advice on heating your home earlier this week on Studio 10.

1 Like

Find the best electric blankets (member content) with our updated review.

2 Likes

There are some mattresses that do not recommend electric blankets be used at all - my gel mattress for one.

Most people wanting an electric blanket would probably not pay attention to their mattress tags and I did not notice a note about that in the buyers guide.

Just something to keep in mind…

2 Likes

Good advice, thanks for highlighting this important safety factor :thumbsup:.

2 Likes

I suspect it is less about safety and more about degradation of the gel layer from the heat, but could be both :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Our electric heaters review (member content) is now updated :wink:

1 Like

Watch out for this K-Mart heater, it’s one of the worst we’ve tested.

2 Likes

Renters take note, you don’t need your landlord’s permission to install these heating options:

1 Like

Don’t be tempted by this Kmart heater, it bottomed out in our lab tests:

3 Likes