Best Dishwashers Review & Recommendations

Thanks Fred.

I did see your reply in March but was intoxicated by the feature-rich Miele offering at the time. However, that is not to be.

I’ll go with the wisdom of the crowd and that tends to favour Bosch. I do pay for a Choice subscription for a member of my household so I’ll look up your review.

I wonder if I should install it myself - how hard can it be ey?

1 Like

There are also DIY for other models

Something not as easy for some as for others, the unpacking and disposal of the packaging and old dishwasher - both usually included in installation services. Installation is sometimes as little as $20 above basic delivery but could be more, so check. A pro can swap them in an easy 10~15 minutes.

3 Likes

That would partially depend whether your kitchen cupboard has a large enough opening to allow you to feed the anti-flood device throught it.

At our previous residence, the hole was only large enough for the hose and I had to “cut” it out when I installed the new Bosch myself.

This time,we simply paid The Good Guys $169 to deliver and install it and to take the old one to the tip.

3 Likes

Caveat, in my experience they often do not include even basic ‘customisation’ such as cutting bigger (or any) holes or drilling out drain plugs in pipes (about 60 seconds inclusive) to connect a hose. They may attend with a screwdriver and spanner as their whole tool kit.

If one suspects they need anything more than a 1:1 swap it must be ‘ordered’ up front. It might be quoted at a higher cost, a delivery product might include such services, or they might advise they will only deliver and one must seek their own installer. Ask.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your valuable advice. I did go with the Bosch.

I’m most grateful for everyone’s input because I did not have much brand awareness of Bosch - with the exception of power tools - and that brand actually does receive good consumer reviews online regarding their dishwashers.

Bosch Australia was very responsive and helpful answering my myriad questions. They steered me towards a mid-range model but I was spellbound by and fixated on a loftier choice. :slightly_smiling_face:

It transpires that Bosch has just released a new model - SMU8EDS01A - which has the features that so dazzled me in the high-end Mieles. I purchased the SMU8EDS01A under-bench with installation. It was $100 cheaper than the deprecated model. I’m now glad that I had dithered over the purchase earlier this year and only had time to resurrect my search now with a Melbourne public holiday coming up. (Yesterday’s holiday afforded me time to pay attention to the selection and purchase).

The retailer will remove and dispose of the old dishwasher.

Yesterday, after liaising with Bosch Australia, I corresponded with a couple of retailers and landed with one that responded same-day and offered the assurance I was seeking re the professionalism of installers. They’ll communicate my concerns and requirements to their warehouse to ensure the information is passed on to the drivers/installers.

I think that’s as good as it gets. Let’s see…

4 Likes

Thanks Fred. Yes, I did see comments online from self-installers who found they had to widen the hole for the hose. I received the assurances I was seeking from the retailer/installer so I’ve now made my purchase with installation. Hopefully, the delivery and installation process goes smoothly! I’ve been limping along with a temperamental old Whirlpool that returns an error code more often than it completes a cycle, has an incredibly noisy/vibrating replacement motor (from that abomination of a repairer who also damaged the slate floor) and a broken handle with sharp edges. I am looking forward to having an appliance that works.

5 Likes

What model did you settle on?

been to amazon no joy…manual for carad 310.1 any help

I went with Bosch. Have been extremely happy with it. Super-quiet, very efficient, very effective.

1 Like