Automobili Lamborghini SpA - Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Coupe and Aventador SVJ 63 MY2018 - 2021 Recall

A recall notice for Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Coupe and Aventador SVJ 63 MY2018 - 2021 supplied by Automobili Lamborghini SpA as the hood hinges may loosen and may not hold the hood closed. The hood may unlatch and flip open or detach from the vehicle.

Automobili Lamborghini SpA - Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Coupe and Aventador SVJ 63 MY2018 - 2021

PRA No.

2021/18880

Date published

14 Apr 2021

Campaign number

L734-R.01.21

Product description

Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Coupe
Lamborghini Aventador SVJ 63
Model Years 2018 - 2021

22 affected vehicles

Photograph of Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Coupe

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.pdf (240.68 KB)

What are the defects?

The hood hinges may loosen and may not hold the hood closed. The hood may unlatch and flip open or detach from the vehicle.

What are the hazards?

If the hood flips open or detaches from the vehicle, there is an increased risk of an accident and injury or death to vehicle occupants or other road users.

What should consumers do?

Automobili Lamborghini SpA will notify all owners of affected vehicles. Once parts are available in April 2021, consumers will be instructed to arrange an appointment with an authorised Lamborghini dealer for replacement of the hood hinge screws.

For further information, consumers should contact Automobili Lamborghini SpA via email on customercare@lamborghini.com

Supplier

Automobili Lamborghini SpA

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Lamborghini dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 1 November 2018 - 31 December 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.