Aussie Broadband and the NBN Experience

Hi @SueW and @mark_m,

I moved your comments on ABB to this now dated topic because comments on the evolutionary experience with ABB seems germane. I’ll add my own comment -

I am one who found them brilliant when I signed up in the advent of NBN availability but over the ensuing years I (anecdotally) feel they are not as good. My last few exchanges with ABB support were not nearly as satisfying as they once were. It could be a result of past success, or growth, or the (technical and personal) skills of newer hires. I am still with ABB but feel their premium pricing (not that there is much variance across the lot of then) seems unwarranted these days.

They have had at least one failure that took their services and their internal infrastructure down for hours. The fault graphs in the regular report show they have their fair share of ‘burps’ and then some, often short but interruptions none-the-less.

Reality is all that all any RSP support can do is help a new customer configure their kit or work through restarting it all, or lodge a fault to the wonderful world of NBNCo and present a smiling face to the person ringing in, often using their fully charged mobile.

That some RSPs seem to have ‘technical support’ that is no more capable than referencing and parroting scripts? That could be ‘the underlying difference’ between bad vs better. ABB does not have that baggage and their support, IME, has more technical competency than most.

1 Like