Auspost Express Delivery Service is not Express

One can never answer excepting if one peruses shipping options Auspost ‘express’ seems to be much more costly for 1-2 days quoted quicker delivery - if it doesn’t go astray.

It allows Auspost to promote and charge for a premium service to compete with other courier services as well as to help their bottom line P/L.

Auspost, in my experience, does the least possible to provide any form of tracking service. My personal gold standard was an experience with Fedex in the USA circa 1988-ish. We regularly sent boxes of various levels of importance and one day received a notice that there was a fire on the Fedex airplane and everything was destroyed, and they put a full credit for the declared amount on our account. It took us a few days to identify what got burnt but the credit note alerted us to go through our records.

In contrast we enjoy stories in these old topics.

and

While the prominence of debate has subsided, as well as their previous CEO gifting executives watches, it remains possible if not probable government (of all persuasions) overtly or secretly would prefer to retire Aupost into fully private hands and then point fingers at the irregular service.

All that being written I have had no issues with delivery in recent years although 2 international airmail envelopes have gone missing, one incoming and one outgoing. It is impossible to ever know if either could be ‘credited’ to Auspost or the USPS.

1 Like