Audi Australia Pty Ltd - Audi Q5 (FY) MY2017-MY2020 Recall

A recall notce for Audi Q5 (FY) MY2017-MY2020 supplied by Audi Australia Pty Ltd as incorrectly fastened wheel arch covers could come loose over time and potentially detach from affected vehicles and pose an accident risk to road users.

Audi Australia Pty Ltd - Audi Q5 (FY) MY2017-MY2020

PRA No.

2019/17989

Date published

28 Nov 2019

Campaign number

66K8

Product description

Audi Q5 (FY) models manufactured between 2016 and 2019
Model Years 2017 - 2020

11 140 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.pdf (320.69 KB)

What are the defects?

Incorrectly fastened wheel arch covers could come loose over time and potentially detach from affected vehicles.

What are the hazards?

If the wheel arch covers loosen, they may detach from the vehicle and pose an accident risk to road users.

What should consumers do?

Audi Australia Pty Ltd is contacting all known owners of affected vehicles. Consumers should contact their nearest Audi Dealer to arrange for inspection and repair. The securing clips on both rear wheel arch covers will be replaced with improved parts.

For further information, contact the Audi Australia 24-hour toll free number 1800 50 AUDI (2834).

Supplier

Audi Australia Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Audi Australia Dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.

3 Likes

More quality German engineering.

Mercedes with door trims fallig off.

Audis with wheel arch covers falling off.

The next one will probably involve the wheels falling off.

2 Likes

I thought that one had already come up about studs not being correctly fitted?? Ahh it was Mazda

2 Likes

Yep. Even the Japanese brands make mistakes.

Just not as regularly as the German brands.

2 Likes