Audi Australia Pty Ltd - Audi A8 (4H) MY2010-2013 and A8 (4H) Security MY2012-2016 - RHD With V8/W12 Petrol Engines Recall

A recall notice for Audi A8 (4H) MY2010-2013 and A8 (4H) Security MY2012-2016 - RHD With V8/W12 Petrol Engines supplied by Audi Australia Pty Ltd as when the hydraulic system for the power steering is under a high pressure load, or when the steering is in full lock, or if there are heavy vibrations due to uneven road surface, the hydraulic return hose for the power steering may leak.

Audi Australia Pty Ltd - Audi A8 (4H) MY2010-2013 and A8 (4H) Security MY2012-2016 - RHD with V8/W12 petrol engines

PRA No.

2020/18153

Date published

26 Feb 2020

Campaign number

48O8

Product description

Audi A8 vehicles (4H) - in right-hand drive versions with V8/W12 petrol engines
Model Years 2010-2013

A8 (4H) Security - in right-hand drive versions with V8/W12 petrol engines
Model Years MY2012-2016

108 affected vehicles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.pdf (207.59 KB)

What are the defects?

When the hydraulic system for the power steering is under a high pressure load, or when the steering is in full lock, or if there are heavy vibrations due to uneven road surface, the hydraulic return hose for the power steering may leak.

What are the hazards?

If the hydraulic power steering hose leaks, it could cause reduced or complete power steering failure.
This may lead to hydraulic fluid leaking into the engine compartment and igniting a fire if it comes into contact with hot components. If this was to occur it could increase the likelihood of a crash with potential for injury to occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Audi Australia Pty Ltd is contacting all known owners of affected vehicles. Consumers should contact their nearest Audi Dealer to arrange for inspection and repair. The return hose for the power steering will be replaced with a new optimised return hose.

For further information, contact the Audi Australia 24- hour toll free number 1800 50 AUDI (2834).

Supplier

Audi Australia Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Audi dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.