My family went to the theatre today and purchased two packets of Artisan Gourmet Popcorn. I am sitting in the dark watching the movie eating away when I felt this plastic packet inside the popcorn. I had absolutely no idea what it was so I stopped eating.
We get home, and later over dinner my husband goes to his TV room to watch a movie and he starts munching away on his packet of Artisan Gourmet Popcorn. He then comes out asking what this packet is doing in his popcorn bag.
We both found a plastic packet of Desiccant Silica Gel “Don’t Eat”. What the hell?
Why on earth would there be a packet of Silica Gel inside these bags of popcorn?
I would very much appreciate Choice investigate this please. This is a total health hazard for any person, especially young ones, and especially if this bag of Silica Gel was not sealed and they ingested it in error. No one would ever expect to find Silica Gel inside their food!
I took a photo of the packet and gel.