Smart TVs: Apps/Function Issues

@DenisGallagher
I get the feeling that current users are being forced to sacrifice Viceland for World Movies. Or to spend a lot of money upgrading their whole TV system, ie, Tuner, DVD recorder, TV, etc!

I find the SBS promo regarding this very confusing. My suspicion is that whatever they are doing, I will be the loser; I don’t know as the info provided by SBS is atrocious, ie, I think the change they are imposing on users, will require a technology upgrade?

I use a Panasonic DVD Recorder model DMR-XW380, as my tuner and recorder. When I use the retune feature that searches for channels, Viceland Ch 31 isn’t found, Ch 32 is found (which the retune labels Viceland but is only a World Movie promo, also saying it isn’t Viceland) I assume Ch 32 will become World Movies.

Not getting something new is one thing but losing something one has used for years is altogether different!

If a technology upgrade is required, that seems like a real ripoff. It doesn’t seem like an acceptable practice for a publically funded organisation.

1 Like