Antivirus mobile software reviews 25 March 2021

Based on the title “Antivirus mobile software”, I looked at the above Choice article located in the latest reviews with interest to see if there was anything for my iPhone.

I quickly scrolled down and was surprised not to see anything for iOS mobile devices. I then that I had a look at the screed at the top and found in the second paragraph the limited scope of the review.

I would like to suggest the review is mis-named. It should be called “Mobile antivirus security programs for Android OS mobile devices”, or “Antivirus security programs for Android OS mobile devices” to make it clear that it is of limited scope.

PS I have created this as a seperate very short term thread just to highlight the title of the article @BrendanMays, @jhook, @jzarate

6 Likes

Hi @meltam

Would you post a link to the article? I can’t find it on the site here but it may be a link in a post or is it a CHOICE article in the magazine or online? I have also moved it into the Site feedback category, I hope that is OK.

AVG has a iPhone version of their AV product for free

AVAST also offer a product

Avira

Trend (offers in app purchases as some others may do)

If you are willing to pay there are also more products out there with reputable brand names.

3 Likes

Sorry for the omission. I have editted my post and included the link.

Absolutely OK. I should have thought of that. Thank you.

3 Likes

I notice that a good few of those products are also found across at the Apple Store, I agree that it appears Android centric and that for Apple supporting ones they should have some indication that they are available there. For the ease of locating those products a filter and marker of suitability should be included.

More from the iPhone stable that are easy to locate if you have a need for iPhone protection

Kaspersky

Bitdefender

4 Likes

As the title is the more generic ‘antivirus mobile software reviews’, then it should include antivirus for other mobile operating systems.

I don’t have a problem with it if it’s just antivirus for Android mobile devices, but then call it that.

Thank you for the links @grahroll. I don’t really have an imperative to obtain antivirus s/w for my phone. My interest was piqued when I saw “Antivirus mobile software” in the latest reviews listing. And then I realized that I had been misled by the misnomer. :sob:

2 Likes