Another multi-million dollar scam exposed

What were the fees and charges on the $7 item?

1 Like

They slug for everything now … I bet it all adds up - this came from China …

2 Likes

GST was 10% of the total so all up I paid $0.72 (postage fee was GST’d) , on the $40 one I paid $6.74 (as the postage and insurance were GST’d). Must have cost them a bundle more to get it from me. There were no other custom duties but there could have been I guess if they wanted to get serious in that I assume they took the Custom Decs as being the correct values.

1 Like

Yeah Paypal collect it these days if you use them and no GST was included in the original cost.

Morrison has lost one of his toys:

2 Likes
1 Like

Time for all the robodebt scam victims to demand their money back.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/comment-quiet-australians-its-time-to-ask-centrelink-for-your-money-back-loudly/ar-BBXsxj1?ocid=spartanntp

2 Likes

Meanwhile, back at Centrelink, the stupidity never ceases.

Absouluely moronic one day, totally brain-dead the next.

2 Likes

An article regarding the brands that Australians trust the most and the least.

Centrelink is at the very bottom. Who would have expected that?

Perhaps that will give them a wake-up call and they will aim to improve to second last in 2020.

1 Like

Why? It’s not as if you can choose an alternative provider of such government services. That’s like saying that the ATO provides rubbish service, so I am going to pay my tax to another country’s tax office (without leaving the country). :slight_smile:

If Google is most trusted then Australians haven’t caught on yet.

And another article regarding a whistleblower from Centrelink.

At this rate, Centrelink may not even make the 100 brands list next year.

Is there a 1,000 brands list?

The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner is examining complaints that people’s private information has been handed improperly to debt collectors under the botched robodebt scheme.

3 Likes

It just would not be a national crisis without some Centrelink stupidity and incompetence.

Even more Centrelink incompetence and stupidity.

https://9now.nine.com.au/today/bushfire-relief-bushfire-victims-struggling-to-access-crucial-government-funds/0fa9e4a6-b1b3-4319-95ed-f752ba2d5e02

Can this ship of fools do anything correctly?

Christmas 1974 Darwin was flattened and plane loads of people in shock arrived at Kingsford Smith Airport late at night with nothing but the clothes on their backs. Social Services (as it was then) clerks and social workers were there with a stack of forms, a box of pens and a sack (literally) of money. A security guard followed them around.

The process was; what’s your name and how many dependents have you got, sign here, right then here is some cash, that person over there will help you buy some personal effects and a meal and find you a bed for night - next. This went on through the night, clerks slept on the floor in between planes.

A couple of years later the auditors complained that the amount dispersed didn’t agree with the forms filled in and that the amount of overtime seem rather large and the security guard wasn’t authorised to hold the sack while they slept. Those who were there had a laugh and told them to ■■■■ off.

3 Likes

Two of my wife’s sisters were evacuated from Darwin whilst one sister’s partner stayed to assist with the recovery but what has any of the events of 1974 have to do with Centrelink’s incompetence in 2020 unless you are implying that they are less competent some 45 years later?

Which seems to pretty much apply to Australia in general. Sad but true, those whose greatest fear is that someone might get something to which they’re not entitled, have taken over. Back in the day, the priority was to ensure that as many as possible who needed help got as much as we could give.

5 Likes

I think that was exactly the point. The world and Centrelink have changed - for the worse.

2 Likes

In the day cash was never paid out, the system was mostly manual, no online records at all, there was never much change and even less excitement. Picture clerks wearing armbands sitting on high stools in front of sloping desks using quill pens and you would not be far wrong. They had never seen anything remotely like the problem in front of them before.

All they had was the wit to realise that action was needed right now and if they were going to actually do some good and not just go through the motions it would require some courage and ingenuity and worry about the rules later. They got it done.

2 Likes

If a Federal ICAC ever becomes a reality, I’ll be interested to see how many politicians stay out of prison, and for how long.

2 Likes