Amazon

Hi,
I recently ordered a Samsung A33 mobile phone from Amazon Australia’s web site. The advertising for this device stated that " If I ordered now, it would be delivered before Christmas".
I duly ordered the product, which was also stated as in stock, and awaited confirmation of dispatch.
One week later I followed this up with Amazon and included my order and a copy of their Ad. I called and spoke to an operative about this, who advised that the product was coming from their UK branch and delays could be expected if the product was out of stock. I reminded them that when I placed the order the product was showing as in stock and delivery to be expected before Christmas. This did not compute with the operative, who advised me that I would not be billed until the product was delivered and I could cancel without penalty up to then, if I wished to. I then wrote to Amazon on 3 more occasions, only to get a partial Bot response , advising the same. I asked them to honour their Ad and obtain the device, from wherever they could, so I would recieve this before Christmas. So far no response. Do have a leg to stand on here, or do I just suck it up and miss out on delivery in 2023 ?

If they can’t meet the condition of purchase, that being to deliver before Christmas, you can rightfully cancel the order without penalty.

If you decide you still want the phone, such as because you can’t get it at that price elsewhere or it isn’t available in Australia, you will in affect accept or agree to the altered delivery time.

As delivery isn’t as advised, you might be able to ask for say postage to be refunded. Amazon may or may not accept this request.

2 Likes