AMAZON do NOT go there

I noticed a promo on Amazon for some mascara (8 tubes). Promo was $22 off the price. I purchased expecting the $22 off which was not granted so I cancelled the order as I was suspicious. I contacted Amazon by phone asking why the promo was not added. They assured me that if I made another order of mascara that once I received the order they will refund $22 into my bank account. I made them put this in writing which they did. I have now been waiting for 3 months for the $ with no sign of it. I have received 3 emails confirming they will refund the money into my bank account and that they have processed the refund. So far I have received nothing. Last night I called up again and now they are saying they will only refund it on to a gift card. I do not want the gift card as I will never deal with Amazon again. I mentioned this was not what was approved and confirmed in writing. I have 3 emails advising the refund has been processed into my bank account and to look out for it but so far nothing. They are trying to blame the 3 consultants who wrote the 3 emails saying they got it wrong. How can 3 different staff members be wrong?

3 Likes

It sounds wrong and deceptive advertising under the Australian Consumer Law.

Was the purchase from Amazon or another seller in their platform?

2 Likes

The original purchase with the promo was with another seller through Amazon. Then I cancelled as the promo wasn’t given. Then they offered me $22 if I bought the product again didnt matter which seller. The original seller had run out of the product so I chose another seller.
Example below of one of the emails I received promising the refund. Tonight I rang 3 times and each time got put on hold then hung up on after 20 mins. I repeated my story 3 times.
What are my options?

Hello

A refund was issued to your MasterCard on September 13, 2023 for $22.

In most cases, once a refund has been submitted, the issuing bank will post it to your account within 2-10 business days. This time frame may vary from one financial institution to another.

You can view details of the completed refund on your Amazon.com.au account:

http://www.amazon.com.au/gp/css/summary/edit.html?orderID=503-0263002-4700615

I am writing to you to share the process to contact us for assistance. We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Please follow the steps mentioned below to request a callback:

1 Like