Alvey Reels to cease production in Australia

AS a regular user of Alvey Sidecast reels I received the following email from them . After 100 years of making reels in Australia they are shutting down their manufacturing facility in Queensland . A sad day for Australian fishing . We lost Seamartin reels in 2008 and now Alvey .

Dear Alvey Supporters,

After announcing in 2019 that Alvey Reels was going into its centenary year of 2020 with a bright outlook and emerging global markets, Alvey Reels has seen significant export market growth, product innovation and expansion. The ability to source raw materials together with drastic cost increases, significant and increasing domestic and global supply chain logistics issues, and coupled with Covid 19 disruptive staff shortages, Alvey Reels has made the difficult decision that production at the Carole Park facility is no longer sustainable, and to cease manufacturing effective 30th June 2022.

We are currently sitting on significant supplies across our whole range of Alvey products, and as such, there will be structured sell down of ALL our stock. We anticipate running with Warehouse/Dispatch and Administration staff with current stock on hand, which will carry us through to January/February 2023, but we will not be able to remain open after this time. Effective immediately to assist our administration team, the Alvey phones will be diverted to an answering service and all calls will be monitored and returned during each day.

Any Alvey products including spare parts, can be ordered online at www.alvey.com.au and any queries can be emailed to info@alvey.com.au. All Alvey authorised retailers can while stocks last, order Alvey products, but Alvey spare parts can only be purchased from Alvey online or preferably from Tackleland Sandgate or Charlton’s Fishing.

We at Alvey Reels deeply regret this difficult decision, and whilst we commit to supplying as many of our products as we can for as long as we can, our immediate priorities are our loyal staff, our dedicated retailers and passionate supporters and customers.

On behalf of the Alvey Team, we thank you all for your 102 years of support.

Kind Regards,
Con Athans and the Alvey Team

6 Likes

I have a timber one that my grandfather gave me 60 years ago.

Maybe time to sell?

1 Like

Very sad. An excellent product that simply did not wear out. Now we will get cheap junk from China. I’m buying a few Alvey reels for my grandchildren.

4 Likes