ACCC Product Safety: Woolworths Essentials Domestic Cleaner Regular & Fresh 1.25L

ACCC Product Safety: Woolworths Essentials Domestic Cleaner Regular & Fresh 1.25L

I just found out about this one although it came out July of 2018. There was a small notice hanging on the low shelf with no product available. I think that there has been product there over much of the last seven months since the recall was supposedly announced.

I noticed the lids were faulty for some of our bottles of bleach recently, but didn’t pay it much heed as this was not unusual.

The Announcement:
The lids on the cleaners are insecure and can leak, or easily come off.

The advise is “Consumers should wear gloves and immediately dispose of the contents by flushing down the sink with plenty of running water. Wipe any affected areas with a damp white cloth. Consumers need to rinse the bottle and cap with water and present the rinsed out bottle and/or a purchase receipt to any Woolworths supermarket or Metro store for a full refund.”

4 Likes

So if I was dishonest I could decant to another secure bottle and present the empty and cleaned out bottle for a refund. Oh well better than having a child open a full bottle of the way to returning it to a store. It could happen so better safe than sorry. The cost of shonky packaging at least has to be worn by the stores.

3 Likes