ACCC funding and performance discussion

… my angst was due to wasting 5 minutes (easily). It seems unlikely that they got busy between when I called and when I finally had a chance to select the right option - I’d rather they fast-track the ‘all our operators are out for a smoke’ message :wink: Yeah, I know its not easy - setting up IVR’s can be tricky especially if the expertise available is at the level of the people who ‘implemented’ myGov …

The wheels turn slowly - I reckon your last statement should probably read “almost nothing is ever done”. Glaciers are livelier. The budget story goes both ways - departments are responsible for their budgets and ministers their budget estimates but there is rarely if ever push-back from the butt-kissers at the top when budgets are insufficient or cut, they just want to please their masters while the minions in the galley just get told to row faster and harder. Nothing much has changed in thousands of years really, we just have smartphones now with broken apps to interface to government rejection and indifference, but I digress …

2 Likes