Noted a raft of "Tell us your experience with ..." have popped up. Defence Health is one that seems to always miss out. Yes it is selective membership, but it's not that restrictive and has around 120,000 members:
- Partners and kids of permanent ADF members (permanent SERCAT 6-7)- if you’re a member of the permanent ADF you don’t need to cover yourself but you can cover your partner and/or child(ren)
- Reservists (SERCAT 3-5 serving 20 or more training days in a financial year), their partners and kids
- All those who have previously served in the ADF (full-time or part-time) and their partners and children
- ADF supporters
- Anyone who works or has worked in the Department of Defence and other Defence-related departments
- Anyone who works or has worked for a Defence supplier - a company or agency contracted to the Department of Defence, where you are or were involved in the supply of goods and services to Defence
- Extended families
- You are the mum or dad, son or daughter, sister or brother, grandchild or ex-spouse/partner of a serving or ex-serving member of the ADF or of an ADF supporter (described above)
That's a fairly big segment of the community eligible to join ... and it's not for profit and comes under the "Members Own" group.
And for what it's worth - I think they are great!