10 times the Shonkys have delivered results for Australians

It’s getting close to the time of year when we call out businesses and services for products that don’t work, false or misleading statements and many other types of rotten behaviour. This year, the Shonkys will be held on the 2nd of November. In the meantime, here’s 10 times the Shonkys made a difference for consumers:

7 Likes

Hey Brendan, I clicked on the link and at the bottom of the page it asked me to sign up, even though I was already signed in- obvious since it said ‘Hi Gordon’ at the top of the page. Must be a setting somewhere to fix that?

4 Likes

Thanks for letting me know, I’ll chase it up with the website team :+1:

4 Likes

Now Brendan, did you read that headline out loud before you posted?

1 Like

The title seems to be lacking some grammar.

The ten times the Shonkies have delivered for Australians.

1 Like

At grave risk of missing your humorous point, my humorous point was not about the grammatical howler, horrendous as that might be, but rather about the ambiguity! :wink:

So an alternative to your rewrite would be “Experiencing ten times the previous number of Shonky products and services has delivered satisfaction to Australians”.

1 Like

Actually I liked the ambiguity.

From Choice. We provide an order of magnitude (base 10) more Shonkys [sic] for Australians.

The headline writers at Choice seem to have dumbed themselves down to the level of tabloid. Shame really.

2 Likes