Wireless door bells - best buy?

Get a smart doorbell

I have had the problem of people knocking on my door and informing me the outside Bell Press batteries had gone flat unnoticed by myself.

This problem was fixed cheaply 3 years ago. I was shopping at ALDI and noticed they were selling their own brand KINETIC doorbells for $20.

A KINETIC door bell doesn’t require batteries for the outside Bell Press, the mechanical action of pressing the button produces enough charge to signal the Chime unit which simply plugs into a standard power outlet. The sound volume of the chime is variable and has many different sound options(tunes).

I recently purchased a 2nd one for my backdoor, our block of units has a common shared courtyard and neighbours often use the backdoor, the back door Bell Press is programmed to signal its Chime to use a distinctly different sound(tune). So it is quite easy to know which door to answer.

This doorbell is still going strong after 3 years. For $20 bucks I am very happy as I never, ever need to worry about flat batteries and their replacement.

2 Likes

I had one of those phantom door bells. Worked fine but once in a while my car alarm key set it off. You unlock you car and hear someone at the front door so you go there and … nothing. It CAN become tedious especially if you are in a hurry. Currently we have an el-cheapo that has worked flawlessly for about a year. It is a Swann.
I have had others before that only lasted a short while.

1 Like

Really ugly when young, but turned out to be beautiful? Wait, wrong swan.