What to do with old Choice Magazines?

Compost bins, worm farms…

1 Like

10 points very sensible beats reading the samo at the doctors surgery and give people something more useful and can learn some more of what goes on in the real world. Last but far from lest look at the extra advertising CHOICE is getting. Way-to go, like it.

2 Likes

I have a couple of friends who repair white goods , mainly washing machines and refrigerators . I pass any of the Choice Mags on to them where there are tests being done on white products . They take out the relevant pages and date them and file them . Choice usually give a model number on reviews and this helps them with older units to cross reference for parts ordering etc .

3 Likes

Nice one, that’s an unexpected win for our older mags :thumbsup:

I’ve got almost 50 years of Choice Magazines cluttering up my spare room. Are these of any historical interest or just useful for compost. The’ve probably been snacked on by silverfish!

1 Like

Actually, we do need back copies of CHOICE for some of the archiving we have been doing in the office. Any ones from the 1960s to 1995 are useful (we have plenty after this date). Thank you to the person who left some at our doorstep last week, dating from the 1960s.

1 Like

It might take me some time to liberate them, as they are at the bottom of “things that might become useful some day”. Please let me know what to do with them when I find them. I am in Tasmania so I won’t be able to drop them off at your doorstep.

1 Like

Thanks Carol, let us know when you come across them, and we can see if our archivist is in need of them!

1 Like

Hi Kim
I also have lots. Live in Melbourne. Would be helpful if your archivist would pinpoint gaps (in dates) required.

Thank you elizarose. Will follow up on this. Apologies for this tardy response.

Yes, that’s where mine go too!

I note that no-one has mentioned op shops as recipients of unwanted books in good condition.

2 Likes

All of them around our area do not accept them, magazines that is. This have become more prevalent over the years sadly. But it is a good idea if they do take them.

1 Like

I’ve taken books (lots) to our local Brotherhood of St Lawrence - they are happy to receive them. But - best to phone first to check.

2 Likes

Thanks, Mark. I must have had my literary lobe in sleep mode; I am generally awakeup to and appreciate a good pun.

1 Like

Lifeline will take any magazines in good condition. These will then either be sold or recycled.

2 Likes