What to do when you can't contact a supplier (CaseBuddy)

Hi, I apologise if this is not the correct forum however thought I’d run it past the community hoping someone can help.

Around 6 weeks ago I ordered a new phone case from CaseBuddy, on line. When it turned up the zip broke on opening it. It cost $85.00.

I have tried every way stated to make contact without success, they only have a ticket system via email, and obviously they don’t bother to check that.

I just don’t know where to go from here. I have sent 3 messages with no response.
Thank you
Cheers

1 Like

Welcome @Flaka1 to the community. You will I am sure get some helpfull advice.
Firstly, how did you pay online? Credit card by chance?

2 Likes

Looking at them, while at first glance they appear to be an Australian company, it is unlikely they are as their website states…

All Rights Reserved. CaseBuddy supplies to Australia and New Zealand. Items are fulfilled via Hong Kong, China or Dromana.

As a result, it may be very difficult to get any resolution under the Australian Consumer Law. The ACCC has covered such in the past…

Your only avenue may be to lodge a dispute with the payment method used for the purchase, hoping this is successful in receiving a refund.

4 Likes

Your next ‘stop’ should be to lodge a dispute with your credit card issuer noting issuer dependent, you have a finite time to do this, often 8 weeks so time would be of the essence.

While Victoria centric this applies across Australia and each state has its own similar pages available.

A broken zip is a product not as described (the description did not include a broken zip).

4 Likes

Hi Gregr, thank you. I’d have to check however if not my credit card, then Paypal

1 Like

YOu can also lodge a dispute with paypal.

1 Like

Dromana. That really rings a bell. In another thread about Weber BBQ fraudsters one lot were registered for their website in that bayside suburb of Melbourne. Coincidence?
Anyway, I would have nothing to do with a business that had their contact details as a PO box and no phone number.

1 Like

Get on the phone. Get that reversal done. :smiley:

1 Like

That is a basic, then for additional info for the OP and others in a similar predicament.

4 Likes

The 7 ways to spot a scam site is a good start. I would add one caution though, it is a bad sign when there is no Oz ABN but having an ABN does not necessarily mean they are kosher. We found with machinery scammers they can use Oz addresses, genuine company names and ABN but this is all unknown to the real company.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Thank you, really appreciate the help from everyone

3 Likes