Welcome to the CHOICE Community (w/Tutorial)

Thanks for the invitation to join. This is my first communication and view of the forum. I look forward to learning what members believe and support. I will always abide by the forum’s rules however if I err at any time it will be a genuine mistake and I will welcome constructive criticism. I look forward to sharing ideas etc.

2 Likes

Certainly seems to be a very slick interface. I am quite impressed - actually very impressed - as it compares very well with other consumer bodies attempts to get members/consumers interacting.

1 Like

Thanks @diesel.patrick

Thank you for your invitation. It is very much appreciated. Altough I am unwell I shall do my best to be part of your community.

1 Like

Thanks for joining @linda.scott6, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions. Hope you feel better soon!

thank you so much, it is appreciated

1 Like

I notice on the top left of opening post there’s 20 edits but can’t tell when the welcome post was last updated. Clicking on the pencil icon or phrase 20 edits usually allows one to see history but I can’t maybe because it’s Choice Staff or admin.

Also where is this post linked to help newbies?

I just realised this is in the General category but it’s not pinned to the top?

I had a look at my history and there was no getting started onboarding or welcome messaging but that maybe because the forum was just started - I had to email staff to get invited.

1 Like

The Community is set so only mods can see them. It is an all or nothing rather than by topic and many users re-read their posts and improve them and prefer their intermediate work to remain personal to themselves…

Good points @brisdaz. While new members get the Welcome in an email not everyone reads it, and not everyone remembers all the information.

It is now as a reminder for anyone who has missed or overlooked it.

Choice admins may wish to make a more permanent cataloguing of the Welcome so I’ll not pre-empt them further.

1 Like

For members who have landed here rather than at the first post, the original post is a brief tutorial on using Discourse, the Community software. Click here to go directly to that post.

3 Likes

Is there an option to ‘Mark all Read’
Thought I saw one, but now magically disappeared.
Yes/No?

Device dependent on the details of where the selections are, select ‘all unread’ and then ‘dismiss’ should do what I think you are asking.

2 Likes

Hi, Thank you for this information and Tutorial.
I hope I can work this out. Where to post, what to post, whom I can name in my posts. I’m trying to get my rights - right. :slight_smile:

2 Likes