Unable to freight motorcycle, false advertising?

I’ve owned a few Moto Guzzis over the years. I’d advise you to buy something else. The Yamaha 850’s are a better money for value buy, imo. The XSR 900 might suit your tastes as also the MT09 Tracer or a BMW F 800. I realise they don’t have the reliability of a shaft drive but overall the Yamahas are more reliable. The statistics prove this with less than 15% of Yamahas being returned for repairs under warranty in the first 3 years & parts & servicing much more accessible.

5 Likes

People have said that to me also. Seems some either like or dislike Moto Guzzi’s, no in-between. I’ve two Fiats in the garage at the moment, and I cant go past that Italian styling. :star_struck:

6 Likes

Reality is most if not just many of us buy motor vehicles of whatever type based on emotional appeal and aesthetics, not utilitarian value or tangible qualities such as reliability. If that were not the case how many manufacturers would have gone out of business long ago?

6 Likes

Did someone say FCA?

3 Likes

… I find two wheels more of a religious experience :wink: :rofl:

8 Likes

True, think of all the most famous design houses. Either French or Italian above all else.

Although things Italian can be a little temperamental, if it’s French and not in a wine or perfume bottle …? A little regular TLC seems to work well, if not a mandatory quality of the owner to fall in love with the acquisition. All faults accepted gracefully, while a divorce is never at risk.

P.S.
Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Ducati, pizza, Lambretta, Moto Guzzi, the catwalks of Milano, even the dress sense of most Italians in the street (male and female and…). My Personal choice of order of somethings Italian. I left Fiat out as it’s not clear where it should go. Based on the original or even new Fiat 500 or 124 spider, near the middle. The Fiat 1100 is also a legend. And how great was the original Panda?

Fiat is versatile. Who could argue with the owner of the less common but durable

Fiat M14/41 tank.
(M13/40 tank - Wikipedia)

5 Likes

An old saw was that if the Germans could make something with 3 parts, the Japanese could figure out how to do it with 2, the Americans 4, the British would have 8 plus 16 shims, and the French would require 46. The resulting quality and reliability were inverse to parts count.

5 Likes