Road Rules

These morons were there again yesterday and today. Today they had placed the 60km/h sign much further away from the “work” site and had even blocked off the left hand lane of the highway despite only “working” on the off ramp and the embankment.

At least 3 days so far to remove some weeds, spread some mulch. and plant some plants.

As a relative is apt to say “They couldn.t run a brothel on a troop ship”.

Another one who allegedly claimed that he thought that Mt Panaroma was a racetrack all year round.

I wonder if he presented his CAMS licence and he was in the required attire including helmet, etc, etc.

I suspect that the Bathurst cops are still ROFL.

In NSW speed/safety cameras have all but disappeared or become invisible (so no visible reminder to slow down), doesnt botehr me I dont speed, but for those who occasionally creep over without meaning to… ha. The NSW state govt has been making money via fines, hand over fist. The numbers are somewhere, too late to hunt for them right now.

A couple of examples or our local “drivers” out and about on an arterial road in our area.

Not merely crossing over the bike lane white line but actually managing to get the whole vehicle in the bike lane twice within a few hundred metres and a mere 16 seconds.

Bike lane? What bike lane?

Drivers licence" What drivers licence.

A couple of days ago I drove to our local Supa IGA to buy eggs.

I turned into Green Street in Edmonton and saw an ambulance ahead of me, but before I got to the right hand turn into the supermarket, the ambulance mysteriously pulled to the left, stopped, activated its emergency flashing lights, and then started to reverse back towards me.

Fortunately there were no vehicles behind me so I was able to reverse and the ambulance finally turned left into the medical complex.

The intelligent thing to do would have been to put his hand out the window and wave for me to go past as I do not have ESP to work out what these persons are doing but perhaps emergency vehicle driver licences come out of the same corn flakes packets as all the other muppets.

So you want to argue who has right of way on the road. You or an emergency vehicle with its warning lights activated? Come on, get serious.

According to the Qld traffic rules ESP is not a requirement.

However giving way to emergency vehicles should always be done with the utmost care and with the safety of yourself and all other road users as a priority.

It looks like you met this requirement. Well done :+1:

2 Likes

“Emergency response vehicles are driven by police, firefighters
and paramedics. All emergency response vehicles using lights
or sirens are responding to an emergency. They never practise
with their lights or sirens on.”

“Emergency response vehicles are required to use lights
and / or sirens when responding to a priority incident. This
signifies to other road users that these vehicles are no longer
driving under standard traffic rules and allows them certain
exemptions to the road rules, as long as it is safe.”

"Sometimes emergency vehicles switch their lights and