Revitalife Sleep Solutions - complaints

Hi @JJAustralia, welcome to the community and thanks for your first post.

I would let them know that this is in breach of the Australian Consumer Law. As the product (bed) had a major fault and was returned for a refund, they are required to cover all delivery costs. See ‘Returning a Product’ on the ACCC website:

I would be quoting the wording from this website when making contact with them to request a full refund including delivery costs, namely:

When a product is too large, too heavy or too difficult to remove, the business is responsible for paying the shipping costs or collecting the product within a reasonable time of being notified of the problem. Examples include:

• a wide screen TV
  • a bed
  • an extension ladder stuck in the extended position
  • a product that has been subsequently installed, like a stove or a dishwasher.

Revitalife is also not known for it terrific business practices and was awarded a Shonky by Choice earlier this year:

It appears that they are set in their ways to run their business in a way that leaves it customers unable to sleep well at night.

5 Likes

Revitalife bed ‘worked’ the next day. It was my word against theirs. They can keep the $250. delivery fee and charge ‘what ever they like to take it away’ in my case $120. All said and done I’m just glad it’s gone. lesson learned. If there’s a fault in the electrics it will get stuck and not flatten- hence you can’t sleep in it.(same with power outage) Also when bed is in any position but flat you can’t reach bedside tables or draws as it moves you forward. I hadn’t thought of that before purchase.

Hospital care beds with similar or better adjustment have battery support or UPS power supply for good reason.

For what should be a low relative cost it seems odd that battery it is not a standard option with Revitalife. Although a suitably sized computer UPS might do?

I had a call from this mob claiming a free no-obligation health consultation and that someone would be in my area the next day, so I said “Sure, OK!” Little did they know that I had 35 years in marketing and advertising.
They turned up on time and I listened to their speel then asked a few questions of my own.
It turns out that the beds are manufactured in Shanghai but the patent is owned by someone in Zimbabwe. Then they pushed me for a deposit and I respectfully pointed out that I had not done any online surveys and did not know how they got my number. I further added that I had an endemic memory and remembered everything they had told me about these beds and their health benefits. Then I said that I was familiar with elaborate brochures and that I would do a background check before making any commitment. After that, they soon packed their gear and promptly left, claiming it was unlikely I would call them. Go figure?
From reading these experiences from customers, it was wise of me to have done what I did or I would have been stung too and stuck with a very expensive lemon, which in anyones language would be difficult to sleep on.

2 Likes

Good morning all.
I searched here for the beds sold by the name of Revitalife. After having discussions on messenger with their representative I am concerned. I was sent to a You tube video which spoke of the covering on their electric beds as being made with Celliant content. The salesman (of Seniors Plus Australia beds): https://youtu.be/W9HGl0bhD6c
The claim the company makes is that the product Celliant is a class 1 medical device. It claims that it ''harnesses and recycles the body’s natural energy”. This improves blood circulation and can heal wounds according to them (along with various other claims).
The salesman said the Celliant technology is exclusive to Revitalife, since they bought the rights to it. The TGA report states the product does the following : ''inclusion of Celliant fibres are intended to absorb the body’s electromagnetic energy emissions (both heat and infrared) and return
infrared energy back to the body to help increase blood flow, circulation and tissue oxygenation’’.
We decided against purchasing the beds and the concern I have is that the (as far as I can find) unproven product of Celliant is used as a sales pitch.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community @Yoedel

Thanks for your substantive and first post.

Class 1 devices, the lowest risk medical devices, are not assessed by the regulatory body prior to inclusion on the ARTG.

Class 1 is basically a product registration that carries manufacturers claims, not any type of endorsement or test.

This page should be instructive, from a consultant who advises companies on registering related products and my last comment is how cynical the sales pitch is

‘intended to’ has no bearing on ‘will’ or ‘does’ or even ‘might’!

3 Likes

What was that about parting fools from their money?

1 Like

It appears that Cellient is produced from 100% free range, organic snake oil.

5 Likes

There is one study on the Hologenix (the originators of Celliant) web site about the effect on the immune system of rats of Celliant bedding and several more on the use of garments by sportsmen etc that include Celliant. I didn’t read them.

There is one human study that I can find there about bedding including Celliant. Some comments:

• It is a pilot study not published in a peer reviewed journal.
  • The study was of six carefully selected people and found small improvement in their sleep but there was much variation in readings. I suspect the variation is such that a different group of 6 subjects may well have had a different outcome. In other words the small observed benefit could be an artefact of the small study size.
  • It was done in 2010 and recommended a larger study. Either that was never done or they do not see fit to publish the results.
  • No mechanism for the supposed effect of the material was explored.

My conclusion is the question is wide open, the published evidence is not adequate to reach a conclusion. If the makers had done a larger and better study that provided solid positive evidence they would have published it widely. This suggests they have no such outcome to publish.

I think you did well to skip this one.

4 Likes

You are kind. You have given me a lot of information Thankyou. :smile:

3 Likes

I was tempted to reply so to the salesman, but limited myself to a thankyou for his good wishes for our search for great beds. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It always takes time, but the 2020 Shonky winner Revitalife is refunding consumers and providing an undertaking to the ACCC.

4 Likes