Removalists / Removalists Liability / Removalist Insurance

CBD Removals, South Morang in Melbourne: a warning.
No recommendation from me !
Firstly they INSISTED on sending a larger truck, in spite of my protestations that a 4.5 would do fine. Nono, they all cried: it has to be a 6. At $20ph extra. I did my utmost to get back to the 4.5 but failed, managing only to get a ‘special’ price of $140 rather than $150ph.
The head removalist reckoned I was correct when he saw my professionally-packed belongings; agreed that it would fit easily into a 4. Turned out they’d sent a SEVEN !! I was worried: ‘why won’t all my things roll about in this monstrous truck ?’ ‘Because we’ll use ropes and ties to keep it firm …’
Of course they didn’t: when they arrived at this end and opened up the truck, I went out to look in, and there were no ties, no ropes; just my stuff all over the truck.
They’d taken 5 hours to load it … What they were doing, I can’t imagine.
When they unpacked it, I found boxes clearly labelled ‘BEDROOM’ in the loungeroom; boxes labelled ‘KITCHEN’ in there too. There were boxes labelled ‘LOUNGEROOM’ in the bedrooms.
That was on Wednesday; today, Friday, I discovered they’ve broken my upward-facing standard lamp, a gift from my late and very beloved husband. They’d turned the cover to face down, which I noticed immediately; and when I turned it back up I found that it won’t stay because the fixture to the shade side has been broken off. They had said nothing about this. Of course.
THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST MOVE I HAVE EVER DONE. The office was intransigent and the movers careless and slow.
Other than those problems … I did end up with all my possessions.

4 Likes