Recommendation for Back to Base Monitored Security Alarm

Reality is no B2B alarm worth having will work on the NBN because the NBN is VOIP and old school analogue signalling is not reliable regardless if the equipment seems to work. Overnight NBN maintenance as well as routine failures make any NBN based communications hits or miss.

For backward reference

Perhaps give @brudith a chance to respond to specific locale and needs and then focusing on pertinent issues not yet addressed?

3 Likes

Go online and read the reviews on ADT; not good. We were with the RAA till they sold out. Can anyone comment on SAMS (SA Security Monitoring)? (edited to clarify the Security Co name)

2 Likes

I could not identify ‘SASM’. Could you be more specific re the company name?

2 Likes

I can only really comment on ADT’s service they provided us up to 3 years ago and currently my cousin’s experience with them and I can say they were acceptable for our needs. Others have different experiences and I am sure this is reflected across many providers, the good and the bad. Reviews are a good place to start but are not the only basis for a decision. Certainly if you find a provider who works well for you then that is the best outcome and why I am glad you have posted your request.

Thank you for also providing your current provider as that is helpful to know, your locale would also still be helpful so that perhaps a more local solution might be able to be recommended by those in that area.

Did you mean Security Armed Solutions?

1 Like

Hi. I questioned the community a while back and received excellent advice. After doing a lot of research, reading feedback here and reviews for back-to-base monitoring, we decided to install cameras with detection and manage it ourselves. Really pleased we did.
There are so many options. Intrusion lines can be set to suit situations (detecting stray animals, parcel deliveries etc.). My husband also set a detection line around the pool which adds to the safety steps we have in place already.
Once the initial cost for cameras and installation is met, the on going cost is minimal.
We have had two attempted break ins and the cameras came in handy to piece together the time line. Have no idea why the cameras and sensor light were not a deterrent.
Having had back-to-base alarm security in a previous property, we much prefer this option.
Following advice by a contributor to this forum, I surveyed businesses to decide what camera to get. We decided on a high end camera quality sold by limited providers here in Australia, not widely available in stores. We have 6K across the front of the property and will upgrade to 8K down the track. It’s my understanding that courts accept quality of 4K and above?
Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Yep SA Security Monitoring.

2 Likes