Privatisation or government ownership - what's best for the people?

On the even brighter side at zero added cost to the tax payer:

The government does not need to do anything, at least in the next few years or decades! It currently owns the NBN Co and all that is good and bad that it brings with it. It could simply run the NBN as a Govt enterprise for ever more.

Telstra does not need to be bought back. It is a public company now 100% competing with the other Telco’s. You would need to consider either buying out all the other Telcos or selling off Telstra’s mobile and Broadband services. Why waste that money when there are enough other things to fix?

The wheels were never on that bus from my experience. Many grumbled about the power bill. Just as many did not have a phone at all, so nothing to complain about. Those that did complained more about the cost of the phone than the electricity bill!

I still remember walking down to the street corner phone box 1970’s to share my germs on the handset and rotary dialed while feeding handfuls of 20c coins in the top at around $2.00 for 3 minutes. Back then 20c would have given change from a litre of petrol!

Yes the good old PMG. Hornsby across Sydney to Sutherland was a local call. Live in a small town and it was STD to call any where further than the back fence.

We have been more equal and paid less for telecomminications since the privatisation of Telstra and the introduction of competition, than anytime prior?