Posted Mail Services - is it time to say Goodbye?

Well, I got a card from a National organisation that I volunteer with in a bulk mail out. No mention of Christmas - it is Happy New Year and included a biscuit that is Kosher, Vegan, Gluten / Nut / Palm Oil Free, All Natural, no added Colours, flavours or preservatives, in a home compostable wrapper. How’s that for not offending anyone.

I got one Christmas card with a 65 cent (card only) stamp today. Asked one of my elderly relatives who said the Pensioner Concession stamp was 5 cents cheaper, so she used them. Also said she hardly posts anything these days. Letters might be on the way out, but our Postie is kept busy with parcels, and being so far from civilisation, he’s the only viable delivery option.

6 Likes

I have converted as much of my mail as possible to email format, but there will always be a few reasons to keep the postal mail service alive.
I pay an annual fee to have a PO Box, and the fee increases every year, but the amount of mail I receive decreases every year. Meaning I’m getting less value for money and it’s getting harder and harder to justify the cost of keeping a PO Box.

I’m sure many other people feel this way.
By increasing the PO Box fee every year, Aust Post are cooking their own goose.
BB

3 Likes