Plastic food containers

Do you keep them all in one place and if so where?

6 big 900x150ish drawers. (I may have formerly been employed by a large manufacturer of these types of products and have far too many). Ideally I like to have them categorised, stacked and stored together with their lids and parts, but my family is NOT with that program, so its a big jumble.

Are there many missing lids? Have you ever had a good clear-out and got rid of any ones you don’t use regularly, or do you feel bad about throwing perfectly good containers out (maybe you recycle them?).

If I feel a piece is truly surplus to requirements and in good condition (like 10 of the 15 sandwich boxes we had…) I donate to charity shops or give away to friends and family. Other pieces are sent to the shed, or for recycling.
Having pieces all primarily from one brand does make it easier because the lids can be interchangeable. If I really like a piece and the lid is truly missing I buy a replacement part.

I previously was big on the warranty replacement - before that company began charging for warranty returns. It was actually a big reason why I ceased working for them. Having to pay to return a piece invalidates a “lifetime warranty”. I also saw the company begin to find ways to wriggle out of warranty obligations when they had previously been very accomodating. For the true lifetime warranty and service, the premium price seemed worth it, but not without it.
I’ve recently switched to purchasing Sistema products, which have been functioning very well.

6 Likes