Optus adding data usage that we did not use

Making the call that the posts are fakes belies the sheer number of them. If you have over 1,000 complaints about a product then then the complaints are clearly legitimate. It would not be too difficult to trace posts back to websites and ultimately the point of origin but unlikely telcos would cooperate if this exposed their own corrupt behaviour.
What was done to us by Optus is inexcusable and if we had proper government rather than election funding mules and puppets who call themselves MPs then companies like Optus would be held to account and ultimately closed down for what they (intentionally) do to customers, and that includes the evasion of legislation and mandated compensation through the use of blatant lies which they are never called on to prove.

1 Like

I believe I quanitified there is gaming of the system which means no regulatory body is going to use them as evidence. I am with you where when any product or service is overwhelmingly dissed, and I interpret there is a real problem, but that is not always something you can “take to the bank” without hard data. This post about botting might be instructive, or you can dismiss it as you desire. It is not about your particular topic but about one of many aspects of botting.

Most boards try to do that. IP addresses are one of the first tools to see if multiple posts are originating from the same place.

2 Likes

A friend dealing with Telstra is having similar issues, as I said I think you could replace any Telco/RSP in the name box and get the same/similar reports. I don’t think Optus have a monopoly on bad behaviour deliberate or otherwise. It is the nature of big business these days of let the buyer beware. “Laissez-faire” has again become the flavour of the day and is espoused by the current Government with their “let’s cut red tape” so business can flourish without restrictions and make money. This ideology has even been incorporated into the ACCC’s Act so what hope for the consumer?

2 Likes

If you check out the other ISPs at ProductReview you certainly will see many complaints but unlikely as many as Optus. I was absolutely astounded at the huge number of complaints in the worst category. I think it unlikely you would find anything as bad as what happened to us: being disconnected for 3 months because of Optus negligence and then the company playing the blame game as well as refusing to fix the problem.

You are correct about the ACCC. This organisation has no interest in doing the job it was set up for and normally undertakes one investigation a year to justify its existence. If you ever contact the ACCC you’ll get correspondence from it suggesting you fix the problem and be fobbed off to somebody else who also refuses to act against dishonest businesses.
The Australian public has certainly been abandoned and this extends also to the ASIC. Big business has become all but unaccountable and has now reached into governments. That leaves consumers there to be milked and abused.

2 Likes

You certainly called that correctly in regard to Optus.

What an absolute disgrace but I would not expect anything better from a bunch of bottom-feeding grubs whose modus operandi is to cheat their customers, cheat their dealers, cheat their franchisees and cheat anyone else they can try to take advantage of.

1 Like