Operational Fail - Reckitt Benckiser

You would be better off sourcing some food/pharmaceutical grade calcium carbonate (lime). One product is marketed as Caltrate. Maybe ask your chemist if they have some and what dose…they possibly will point to the Gaviscon alternatives.

3 Likes

I forgot to mention I sometimes have a glass of eno, if its not bad enough to require mylanta or gaviscon (both of which I get in the chewy tabs)… and peppermint tea does wonders too if its just a tiny bit dodgy.

2 Likes

In stock yet down in the deep south @PhilT ?

I reckon these are the same ones still here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We found 3 bottles of the duo action we use 3 weeks back and grabbed them. Not seen any since!

4 Likes

I ahve been taking Eno for decades when I need to but our local Coles, Woollies and Chemist Warehouse have no stock and do not know if or when they will receive any.

Today I rang the manufacturer, GSK Consumer Healthcare, a division of GlaxoSmithKline, and left a message for someone to call me back.

No one bothered so they obviously do not care about their customers.

I noticed that they also supply a number of other products that I have been buying for many years, so perhaps I will look for alternativities for them as well as Eno.

1 Like

It could be many searching for Gaviscon are not finding any and have moved on to Eno and created a supply shortage?

1 Like

Salvital is one alternative.

You can also easily make your own as well.

1 Like

When i could not find Eno at our local Coles yesterday, I asked a staff member who located the empty shelf space, following which he used his handheld gadget to check for stocks on order.

There was no info on any future stocks on order.