Online returns for wrong good sent

You are right about other firms’ policies. But I would argue that my case is even more worrisome: I am trying to rtn what was sent to me in error. Trying to rtn so as to get a refund. It’s not like I asked for size 30 and received size 30, tried it on and it doesn’t fit. I am say size 32 and received say size 24. I will not waste time trying it on.
Compare this to the US where a friend in the US buys often from Nordstrom, a well respected retailer. Nordstrom will replace or refund even if a customer tried the goods and even if she marked the goods (eg walked for a short distance). And either they don’t charge for delivery or charge peanuts.

2 Likes

Yeah its pretty bad. Footwear is a nuisance if buying online regarding fitting, bht in the case of poor fitting shoes ive never had a problem with returning online items the retailer hasn’t ever said no returns policy which shows theyvare in touch with policy. And that is even with trying on. Some places are better

1 Like

Update: I agreed and continue to agree with you that I should wait for the result of the chargeback request before doing anything. As mentioned, on Sat I asked for a charge back. I understood that the bank will contact me in 5 business days to discuss the matter. I then emailed Mosaic to expect a call from the bank this week. Mosaic the next day advised me they will refund me the money. No mention of what to do with the wrong size article. Today I see a partial refund was made. I don’t know if they are just clueless in part refunding me or think I wouldn’t notice I was short changed. I will wait for the bank to contact me and fill them in about the short changing.

1 Like

And did you see they also sell very high end clothing, costing several hundred dollars. Who of sound mind would buy such items online without trying them in in store?

1 Like

If this is the case, the chargeback is likely to be refused by the credit car provider as there is already a resolution underway.

The bank are unlikely to action a partial refund as they don’t know the ins and outs of what has happened and what has been agreed with Mosaic.

For the future, it is best only to run with one resolution method at a time. If a particular resolution method doesn’t work, then try the next one. Trying to run every resolution method at once may compromise your ability to use one or another…one needs to be patient and take small steps at a time.

I agree to run one approach to a resolution at a time and see what happens, the fact is that it’s two weeks since I made clear to MOSAIC that one items was not sent and another was the wrong size and they only got serious when I sought a chargeback.

As to your query in what has been agreed to with MOSAIC… I agreed to nothing less than a refund of the wrong item as the right size no longer in stock. I am still waiting to hear how to return the wrong size article.

Just a guess. They may have deducted the shipping cost from the price?

Often silence is the answer. If they conclude they cannot re-sell returned merchandise they may cut their losses by not funding a return and write off the loss. In the wonderful world of accounting it is often their most beneficial solution. If they advise you to keep it, it might technically become a gift. (Just guessing)

2 Likes

Hi here is a good example of how easy online returns should be unlike places like rivers

at least they are allowing hassle free returns if needed.

2 Likes

Very nice indeed. In due course I should bring this to rivers’ attention as a customer centric retailer they should aspire to. By the way my bank reached out to me about my refund. Their communication noted I had disputed part of the total I paid. So far so good. But the bank listed the wrong sum and the wrong vendor. Amazing! Just how hard is it to get things right, first time?

2 Likes

Which bank?

Hopefully not them again?

Nordstrom is exceptional. They have been known to provide refunds for brands they sell…even if you purchased from another retailer. Mind you…you pay because they are rarely the cheapest.

3 Likes

Legendary may be a good word.

Nordstrom customers go there for quality goods and service, not price. Retail everywhere has increasingly been driven by price and the internet provides instant comparisons, which has driven down product quality to meet the need for ever lower price points, as well as affected every expendable aspect of business from customer service officers and flexible customer friendly policies to only stocking fast moving items.

Nordstrom shows ‘old school’ is still viable, at least for now, at least in the USA.

1 Like

No “which bank”. It was the ANZ, which is usually very good.

1 Like

And…this is why I don’t buy clothes online, & prefer to support bricks & mortar stores. In the process, I’m not only supporting a “Ma & Pa business” who, like most of us, usually don’t earn much more than the average wage, (once costs are considered); but I’m also helping to keep a local economy going, somewhere :wink: