Omron Blood Pressure Monitor

I dont go to chemist warehouse because of their no exchange policy even if product still sealed and has been bought same day.

Why would you do that? Buy something, decide you donā€™t want it, and return it same day unused.
Are you a compulsive buyer? :wink:

@amber2013 Do have a look at the full Chemist Warehouse Returns

Goods on which a change of mind return is not available:

Chemist Warehouse will not accept the return of items from the following categories under the change of mind returns policy under any circumstances:
  • Medicines (Prescribed or Over The Counter)
  • Baby Formula
  • Fragrances
  • Vitamin Supplements
  • Consumable Products
2 Likes

Iā€™m certainly not a compulsive buyer.My purchase was a specific moisturising body cream that a dermatologist recommended.I just wanted to exchange to correct one within an hour.Had my docket with the time purchased.

Chemist Warehouse Returns Policy

Our returns policy is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law because we want you to be satisfied with your purchase. Please read the following carefully to ensure you are fully aware of your rights under this policy and our obligations to you.
Change of mind returns
If you wish to return an item because you have changed your mind about your purchase, Chemist Warehouse will offer you an exchange or refund provided that:

• You return the item within 7 days of purchase (excludes Marketplace items, which are governed by a 30-day returns policy);
  • You produce your original Chemist Warehouse register receipt, online tax invoice or other adequate proof of purchase at the time you return the item;
  • The item must not have been used or damaged in any way including that
    • It is in its original packaging including manuals, pamphlets and all accessories;
    • It is unopened, unused and in its original saleable condition
  • The product is not one on which a change of mind return is not available (see below).

I wonder what reason they gave you for refusing?

2 Likes

You posted the answer yourself @Gaby. It is a consumable. No returns for change of mind.

1 Like

Have bought blood pressure monitors from ALDI before.
Never had an issue and if I did in the timeframe of the poster here it would have been refunded or replaced NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
As far as CW go, be very, very careful when getting your prescriptions filled. Twice in 6 months Shepparton North have dispensed a prescription at TWICE the prescribed dosage!
This is a huge issue and I have passed a complaint to the relevant authorities. Double dose of prescribed drugs can be potentially fatal.

1 Like

Hi,

We are very sad to hear about your bad experience with Omron blood pressure monitor.

As one member of our family has serious health conditions, we purchased Omron device round 2007. It still works. Even more, several years ago we contacted Omron and took our device to their office for recalibration (to check if the device was still reliable). Omron checked the device for FREE!

We have to use blood pressure device every day.

Few suggestions, from experience with Australian organizations:

a) You can contact Fair Trading, but that is probably going to be a futile effort.

b) You can contact ACCC, but that is probably going to be futile (we have three cases for various issues which were ignored).

ACCC typically works on premise they will address complaints that affect significant number of people.

c) This might achieve better results:

1. Write to Omron and tell them that Chemist Warehouse is giving them bad reputation by refusing to replace the faulty device, and also possibly risking lives of your family.

2. Write to Chemist Warehouse managers and report their actions and lack of duty of care.

3. Submit negative rating for Chemist Warehouse. For example, as of today, at ProductReview they have rating of only 1.7 (out of 5) from 2,585 customers.

ProductReview-rating-stats-for-Chemis-Warehouse-21Dec2022

1. If you are lucky, maybe some TV/radio station can publish your case too.

Sadly, Australian consumer laws are easy to manipulate.

Best wishes,

2 Likes