No refunds for linen (all?) bedding at Kmart

It may not be required by law to allow refund or replacement of an unopened product, receipt supplied - but I would certainly expect it from any place that I shop, so won’t now shop at Kmart for anything of value.

1 Like

Kmart does allow returns for change of mind…see the link in the second post above. However, there are exceptions/limitations which have been highlighted through this thread.

Kmart chooses, like many other retailers to have specific limitation for change of mind. Some don’t allow change of mind on sale items, damaged items, items not in original undamaged packaging, items without all tags and labels attached, underwear, swim wear or any other clothing which potentially touches particular parts of the body, opened good, good which have been used (shoes is one example) etc etc.

Kmart and other stores provide limits to change of mind as they ultimately are responsible for the cost/resale of products associated with a customer changing ones mind. With defective items under the ACL, retailers can return products and get reimbursement for these goods from the manufacturer…as it is ultimately the manufacturer responsible for the product quality.

One may he surprised in seeing change of mind policies in other/alternative retailers. It is worth going to retailer websites to see what their conditions/exclusions are.

For example, Big W (Woolworths Group) change in mind policy is very similar to that of Kmart (Westfarmers)…and the same issues could also be struck if one tried to return bedding accessories to Big W as a result of a change in mind.

This is why it is very important to check these conditons at the point of sale, before the sale is executed…should one beleive they may need to return due to a change of mind.

4 Likes

meltam6554, Good comment thank you. I too wash everything before I use it.

4 Likes