No mobile phone

Welcome to the community @red-jos1

Sadly, not that I have found.

Since the need for a mobile is pervasive and getting more so, consider a cheap outright mobile and a 1 year expiration SIM w/unlimited calls and texts as well as some data, such as Aldimobile’s $99 value pack (when available) or similar. It also needs to be written that some of us, me included, has terrible mobile coverage even in suburban Melbourne, let alone out in the regions. Yet I doubt many or any businesses worry too much about our problems, only their own - eg account security.

On that note, there is a topic dedicated to that.

You might find this item from Choice’s sister in the UK interesting to see how bank customers are quickly becoming marginalised there and what solutions have been offered in that market.

An option that might work is registering a family member’s mobile in your account. Codes go to that number so you need to be ‘close’ should a code get sent. Putting in anyone’s mobile as a contact in your account can become a security nightmare if you chose your ‘partner’ poorly, so keep that in mind if you decide to try it.

A last thought is to ring the companies and ask them, company by company if they have a solution for you.

6 Likes